Game designers are responsible for drafting, construction, and integration of educational science games and remote learning tools.
Connor Wander – CEOResearch Scientist at Deciduous Therapeutics
Connor Wander – CEO
Connor Wander, PhD, is a Research Scientist at Deciduous Therapeutics, Inc and a recent graduate from the Pharmacology Department at UNC Chapel Hill. As a co-mentored student between the Cohen and Song Labs at UNC, Connor studied glial biology, adult neurogenesis, and inhibitory neural networks in Alzheimer’s Disease. His other scientific interests include the interactions between the environment, genetics, and nutrition in neurodegenerative diseases. Connor and Julian founded SFS with the idea of connecting people directly with scientists.
Outside of the lab, Connor enjoys hobbies such as graphic design, balcony gardening, gaming, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, paintball and caring for his bearded dragons.
PhD in Pharmacology
UNC Chapel Hill 2021
B.S. In Biology and Biochemistry — Chemistry Minor
Virginia Tech 2014
Connor Wander’s Publications
- Compensatory remodeling of a septo-hippocampal GABAergic network in the triple transgenic Alzheimer's mouse model
- Corpora amylacea are associated with tau burden and cognitive status in Alzheimer's disease
- The neurogenic niche in Alzheimer's disease
- Neuropeptides Modulate Local Astrocytes to Regulate Adult Hippocampal Neural Stem Cells
- The Accumulation of Tau-Immunoreactive Hippocampal Granules and Corpora Amylacea Implicates Reactive Glia in Tau Pathogenesis during Aging
- A unique tau conformation generated by an acetylation-mimic substitution modulates P301S-dependent tau pathology and hyperphosphorylation
- Acetylation-induced TDP-43 pathology is suppressed by an HSF1-dependent chaperone program
- A Dual Pathogenic Mechanism Links Tau Acetylation to Sporadic Tauopathy
Munish Nidadavolu is currently a junior in Apex High with aspirations to become an astrophysicist. Outside of school, he enjoys playing and watching basketball, gaming, superhero movies, astronomy & astrophotography, and music.
Munish has worked on the following projects:
Priya Chilukuri is a junior at Apex High School. Priya loves solving problems and challenges. Outside of work, Priya enjoys hobbies such as reading, and drawing in her sketchbook while watching YouTube. She also enjoys spending time in nature.
Priya has worked on the following projects: