Game designers are responsible for drafting, construction, and integration of educational science games and remote learning tools.
Connor Wander – CEOPhD Candidate at UNC Chapel Hill
Connor Wander – CEO
Connor Wander is a fifth-year PhD Candidate in the Pharmacology Department at UNC Chapel Hill. As a co-mentored student between the Cohen and Song Labs at UNC, Connor studies glial biology and GABAergic neural networks in Alzheimer’s Disease. Other scientific interests include the interactions between the environment, genetics, and nutrition in neurodegenerative diseases. Connor and Julian founded SFS with the idea of connecting people directly with scientists.
Outside of the lab, Connor enjoys hobbies such as graphic design, gaming, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, paintball and caring for his bearded dragon and Madagascar Giant Day geckos. Connor also manages the Cohen lab website and a Giant day Gecko care blog.
B.S. In Biology and Biochemistry — Chemistry Minor
Virginia Tech 2014
Connor Wander’s Publications
- Neuropeptides Modulate Local Astrocytes to Regulate Adult Hippocampal Neural Stem Cells
- The Accumulation of Tau-Immunoreactive Hippocampal Granules and Corpora Amylacea Implicates Reactive Glia in Tau Pathogenesis during Aging
- A unique tau conformation generated by an acetylation-mimic substitution modulates P301S-dependent tau pathology and hyperphosphorylation
- Acetylation-induced TDP-43 pathology is suppressed by an HSF1-dependent chaperone program
- A Dual Pathogenic Mechanism Links Tau Acetylation to Sporadic Tauopathy
Munish Nidadavolu is currently a junior in Apex High with aspirations to become an astrophysicist. Outside of school, he enjoys playing and watching basketball, gaming, superhero movies, astronomy & astrophotography, and music.
Munish has worked on the following projects:
Priya Chilukuri is a junior at Apex High School. Priya loves solving problems and challenges. Outside of work, Priya enjoys hobbies such as reading, and drawing in her sketchbook while watching YouTube. She also enjoys spending time in nature.
Priya has worked on the following projects: