What is a pandemic? What are the symptoms of COVID-19? What is the difference between COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2? How do COVID-19 tests work? UNC Virology PhD Student Calvin Yeager and Connor Wander break down COVID-19 and related terms in this module; “What is COVID-19?”
Click here to play: “What is COVID-19?”
Basic Virology Learning Goals
- What is a pandemic?
- How do viruses get their names?
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Topics
- Why is COVID-19 also called Coronavirus?
- What is the difference between SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19?
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- What types of COVID-19 tests are available?
Bugs or issues? Please let me know on Twitter @sfromascientist or Instagram @straightfromascientist.
Click here to play the full game: “COVID-19 and Basic Virology”
COVID-19 and Basic Virology is a work in progress and will be continually updated to reflect the science of Coronavirus. For up to date statistics and advisories, please refer to the CDC Website.